Hmm...This Might Work

Solutions from a day long since past
posts - 20, comments - 7, trackbacks - 0

Windows 7

SharePoint, IE8, WebClient, And Credentials

So I’ve been struggling with an odd issue here at the office. SharePoint kept prompting me for credentials in IE8 but not IE7. To fix this I simply moved the url http://sharepoint.abccompany.com from trusted sites to intranet sites. Problem Solved!…So I thought Later we noticed when a user would attempt to open a document in any library the user would again be prompted for credentials. After what seemed like a week of Googleling (couple of hours) I discovered a two part MSFT hotfix to which I think SWEET this is fixed. But sadly the installer package informed me the...

posted @ Thursday, April 22, 2010 5:36 PM | Feedback (0) | Filed Under [ SharePoint Windows 7 Internet Explorer ]

Powered by: