Shawn Weisfeld

I find when I talk to myself nobody listens. - Shawn Weisfeld
posts - 365, comments - 180, trackbacks - 34

My Links

News

Shawn Weisfeld's Facebook profile

The views expressed in this blog are mine and mine alone, not that of my employer, Microsoft, or anyone else’s. No warrantee is given for the quality of any material on this site.

Archives

Post Categories

Orlando .NET Code Camp 2007

Wow, what a weekend. I think it will take me a few more days to recover, but I wanted to share some of my impressions about the event and invite your comments. Carl’s keynote was GREAT, everyone needs a good laugh to wake you up in the morning. Overall from the feedback I got from everyone all the sessions when very well, and while the event was a great success as always we learned some things that we will be using to improve for next year (yes I said next year).

I wanted to extend my personal thanks to all the volunteers, speakers, and contributors. Without you none of this would have been possible.

Just a few CodeCamp stats:

• we had over 350 attendees
  • collected over 230 books for A Gift For Teaching (http://www.agiftforteaching.org)
  • ate 100 pizzas
  • drank 600 bottles of water and 700 cans of cola
  • each attendee received at least $700 in free software
  • we gave away almost a half a MILLION dollars in free software and prizes
  • furthest attendee from California
  • cost of attendence: FREE!
  • value to attendees: Priceless!

You can see pictures of the event here http://www.flickr.com/photos/onetug

Please leave your comments letting me know what you thougt of the event.

Print | posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 1:16 PM |

Feedback

# re: Orlando .NET Code Camp 2007

I got this email about CodeCamp and thought I would share:

3/26/2007

Shawn,
Thanks for all the effort to pull together the 2007 code camp. It was my first and left a very favorable lasting impression. All speakers were superb and the scheduling could not have been better. The raffle drawing was a nice way to finish up the day. I won a C# copy and have started reading it to add that language to my repertoire.
As an organizer of military reunions, I know what an effort it was to set up and administer such a complex program and can appreciate the effort more than most.
Thanks again & BZ (Navy code for well done.)
Ted
4/1/2007 11:27 AM | sweisfeld

# re: Orlando .NET Code Camp 2007

I got this email about CodeCamp and thought I would share:

3/26/2007

Shawn –

The Orlando Code Camp ROCKED – and you did a really great job hosting the event! Thanks also for letting me tag-team with David Strommer for our session – it was completely full and we had a lot of great feedback.

Thanks,
Jeff

4/1/2007 11:32 AM | sweisfeld

# re: Orlando .NET Code Camp 2007

I got this email about CodeCamp and thought I would share:

March 29, 2007

Hello Shawn,

I am sending this email to thank you for your efforts.

My career is focused mainly on Sales & Marketing (24 yrs). I embraced technology early in my career (80’s – what’s a Fax machine?) as a tool to better my career and make me and my co-workers more productive. I have been screwed ever since.? Now I spend my days selling new ideas and technology to my company and my co-workers in our sales department. I can say with great conviction that it is by far the hardest sales job I have ever had in my life.

This past SCC Code Camp was my first. I have to say that it was a great experience for me, professionally speaking, and well worth my time. I look forward to my next Code Camp.

Mike
4/3/2007 11:35 PM | sweisfeld

# re: Orlando .NET Code Camp 2007

I got this email about CodeCamp and thought I would share:

April 5, 2007

Shawn,

CodeCamp was awesome again this year. Thanks for everything you did to bring this great event to Orlando.

Rob
4/5/2007 9:01 PM | sweisfeld

# re: Orlando .NET Code Camp 2007

I got this email about CodeCamp and thought I would share:

April 5, 2007

Thought I'd share this with you. Great job in planning this event.

Brian
4/5/2007 9:51 PM | sweisfeld

# re: Orlando .NET Code Camp 2007

I got this email about CodeCamp and thought I would share:

April 11, 2007

Shawn

Good afternoon, this code camp on 27 March 07 was my first one and now will not be my last one. I learned as well as benefited by being exposed to new concepts. It was obvious that you put so much time and effort to make this a success. Thank you for your hard work in providing an opportunity of professional growth and enrichment. Code camp is a valuable tool that everyone should take advantage of.

Regards